Last week, while I was looking to buy a piping book, I came across a pack of round origami sheets at The Works. So I decided to use it to make paper snowflakes. As the weather has turned cold, this is a great craft for a winter theme and to use the snowflakes to decorate around the Christmas tree or windows! To make these paper snowflakes, you will need the following.
- Round coloured papers
- Glitters, sequins and gems
- Hole punchers
- Coloured felt pens
- Fold the paper in half, fold it in half again and again.
- Use scissors to cut around the paper.
- Open up the cut paper and decorate it with glitters, sequins and gems.
- Leave it to dry before you paste it onto another uncut coloured paper.
This is so easy to make with young children. Let them explore and add their favourite decorations on it.