Want to protect your home or want to monitor your baby or pets? WatchBot 3.0 CCTV camera is not only for use to monitor your home, but it can also be used to protect your business, the elderly and many more, day and night. Yes, it come with night vision capabilities. It is also a camera that enables you to engage in two way audio conversation, to make sure the children or pets are okay. It gives you peace of mind even if you are thousands of miles away.
We have received one WatchBot 3.0 and inside this box, it comes with:
- WatchBot camera
- Wall mounting kit
- Alarm connection adaptor
- Network cable
- User guide
Setting up is very straightforward. Hook up the camera with your internet router, download the app and key in your passcode. We had it set up within minutes. From the iTunes store, there are two apps available: Lite and Pro. I had downloaded the Lite as Pro costs £4.99 in iTunes and in Play Store. My husband managed to get the Pro version for free via his Android smartphone by going direct to their website and downloading as a third party app. Very confusing! The difference is that the Pro app allows you to record live pictures and video footage on the mobile app.
Once set up, it is ready to use. There is no need to keep it plugged in to the router once setup for wireless usage. So you can now place it in your desired location as long as it’s within wireless communication range to the router.
In my video, I will show you how the camera streams the live feed and some of the features.
What I like about this camera are:
- View footage with any device (smartphone, PC, tablets), anytime, anywhere. View your home, business or loved one whilst you’re out of the room, on the move, at work or on holiday.
- It comes with built-in infra red sensor (night vision facility) which allows you to protect what’s important to you during the times when it’s most needed: at night! The visibility is of up to 5 metres in the dark. This photo shows you how it looks in the dark via the app and this is how it looks with light.
- It comes with motion sensor which you have to set it up via PC. The camera will send an alarm to your smartphone with picture screenshots notifying you that motion has been detected.
- Record or take image of the footage. Also allows you to mirror and flip the live image horizontally and vertically. The quality of the footage is also dependent on the quality of the wi-fi.
- It allows you to view up to 64 cameras remotely. We only had one so can’t really comment on this.
- 2 way chat and communication. The volume on the camera is okay. Not very clear but acceptable.
What I dislike about this camera are:
- DC adaptor cable is too short. If the camera is placed at a higher area, you will need to use an extension.
- Losing signal. The wireless live feed is reliant on the internet. If there is any disruption, the live feed will not show.
Overall this is a good camera and you can even bring it away with you while on holiday too and use it as a baby monitor.
Disclosure: We received the sample for the purposes of writing this review, however, all thoughts and opinions remain our own.