If you have been following my Chinese New Year series, you will have seen that I have made a Hello Kitty lantern, Hello Kitty Chinese coin, Fish lantern and Chinese lantern. Today, I made the Chinese New Year Firecracker, Chinese Fan, Chinese New Year Ang Bao/Pow Star with my children.
To make a Chinese New Year Firecracker, you need:
- Toilet Rolls or Small Cylindrical Tin
- Red papers
- Ang Bao/Pow
- Tin Foil
- Paint and paint brush
- Pen knife
The step by step:
- Firstly, trace the rim of the toilet roll or tin on a piece of red paper or Ang Bao/Pow. Allow 1 cm gap between the line and paper then cut it out.
- Paste the cut out paper on the top of the toilet roll/tin. Then spread the glue onto the body of the toilet roll/tin before sticking the red paper on it.
- Cut the excess paper and fold it down neatly like this.
- Add your decoration on the body of the red paper! My children used paints and glitter with it. You can either write on it or stick anything you like! Let it dry for a few hours depend on what you had used.
- Roll out a small piece of tin foil as the tips of the Firecracker. Use a penknife to snip a hole and tuck in tin foil. This is your end product!