Mr C loves to play badminton twice a week and in between games, he often snacks on chocolate or a banana. I am pleased to learn about Nogii (pronounced noh-jee). It is a gluten-free, all-natural snack bar range that has just launched in the UK. Nogii bars contain an optimum nutritional mix of protein, carbohydrates and fats, making them a perfect snack for a healthy lifestyle.
They are free from trans fats, hydrogenated oils and using only natural ingredients. It is available in five different ranges:
- Nogii D’Lites: Bite size bursts of protein in deliciously tempting Chocolate Caramel Bliss flavour, containing only 120 calories each. The perfect snack for coeliacs and those following a healthy gluten-free or low-calorie diet as they’re a genuine alternative to chocolate and other fatty snacks.
- Nogii Paleo: The tasty nutritious snack is a concentrated source of “paleoriffic” foods that can be thrown in your bag for the perfect treat on-the-go. The bars come in three different flavours: Nuts About Nuts, Nuts About Berries and Nuts About Tropical Fruit.
- Nogii Kids: Snacks are a BIG part of childrens’ diets, but often they are eating the wrong foods, laden with sugar, fat and additives. Make their energy last longer with the Nogii Kids range – the bars taste great and you’ll be confident in the fact they’re getting all the nutrition they need to grow and develop.
- Nogii High Protein: Packed with 20g protein, these tasty treats are the essential gym snack, to provide a burst of energy pre-work out and aid muscle recovery. It come in 3 flavours:Chocolate Mint, Peanut Butter and Cocoa Brownie.
- Nogii Super Protein: Packed with 26g of high protein, all natural, no gluten food solution. It comes in two flavours: Rocky Road and Chocolate Peanut Butter Caramel Crisp.
Mr C tried the Rocky Road flavoured Nogii Super Protein Bar: I ate the bar during a 3 hour session of badminton. It’s a big bar, at 94g! This was perfect though as I ate it in mouth-size bites in between my games. It’s quite sweet, which psychologically you feel gives you an immediate energy boost from the sugars. It’s crispy and the blend of flavours works well. This is a perfect bar to keep in my sports bag. If you’re wondering how I got on in my badminton match, well our team lost but I thought I played better than my usual standard and I was still running and chasing lost causes right until the end. Thumbs up for the bar from me! You can get the Nogii range at www.winnaturally.com and in store at Win Naturally in the Trafford Centre from 17th October 2013.
Disclosure: We received the sample for the purposes of writing this review, however, all thoughts and opinions remain our own.