When was the last time you treated yourself to anything? That’s not including a coffee and a doughnut at the local cafe at lunch time, either. When was the last time that you really treated yourself to something delicious and amazing to eat? So many people just don’t treat themselves to anything nice, and it’s these people that are going to be missing out on some of the most important things that they could enjoy in life.
It can be so hard to justify the black and blue batman Bezel or the weekend getaway in a local countryside lodge. Often, people think that they don’t deserve to treat themselves, not when they could spend their money on someone or something else. They believe that they are undeserving of good things and it’s a shame; you deserve to ease up on yourself and reward yourself for how hard you’re working. Below, we’ve taken the time to put together five reasons it’s time now to treat yourself for a change!
- It’ll feel good. There’s a reason that the extremes of shopping include addiction. There’s a hormone release of endorphins that comes with the happiness of buying something for yourself. It can make you feel good to buy something for you, especially if that something is a massage or something else related to making your battered and bruised body feel comfortable for a change. The smaller steps can offer the biggest rewards and whether you start with a spa day or you dive right into a two week holiday, go and treat yourself.
- Your mood will improve. Along with feeling good when you treat yourself, you’ll improve your mood massively. No one wants to be around a grump, and if you aren’t taking the time and money for things that you love, you are going to end up in a permanent state of depression. Your mood will massively improve when you treat yourself to something new.
- You won’t be unable to give back. The mood you put yourself in when you don’t do things for you is a terrible one. You will find it so hard to give of yourself to others when you can’t manage to give to yourself in the first place. You have to start with you – you cannot pour from an empty cup. When you give to other people, you are taking from your energy stores to pass it on. However, you can’t do this without feeding your happiness first. You deserve it.
- It just makes sense! Why wouldn’t you spoil yourself once in a while? Why would you hold back from giving your wardrobe a revamp? You need to say yes to treats in life.
- You won’t burn out. Burnout is real, very real, and when you treat yourself you give yourself a break from the go, go, go of life. Taking the time to treat your mind and body well is just smart! Treating you means treating your mind, body and soul. Invest in you!
Disclosure: This is a featured post.