Time has passed so quickly and now we are welcoming 2019! This will be a very challenging year ahead as we are buying a new house soon and Mr K will be going to ‘big’ school in September. The year before, we made a big decision to sell our ‘forever home’ to move closer to Mr K’s big school as we wanted the best school for him. It was not an easy decision as it involved tying ourselves to a bigger/longer mortgage and moving away from our nearby friends.
Last year, we managed to sell our house and move into a rental property. It was very hard as we had to part with most of our belongings and place them into storage. We have also had to share the rooms with our children and have had zero privacy. Cutting a long story short, there were no larger properties available when we sold our place and so we ended up renting in a two bedroom flat!
So two months ago, we put in an offer for a house and it was accepted. When we did the Homebuyers report, we found the house was in need of repairs from top to bottom and would cost us at least £10,000. It was quite unexpected as we didn’t plan for the extra cash for repairs. The seller refused to reduce the price as it was already reduced. This is why I said this year would be a challenging one, as we’ve had to try and scrape and scrounge for the extra budget needed.
The things we wish to achieve this year is to buy a place that we can call home and put our stamp on it. We are thinking of getting the place refurbished by removing all the ugly wallpaper on the ceilings, broken roofs and mouldy toilets. Then replace the kitchen units as they have not been replaced for 15 years. The list of things to do in the house can go on and on. I hope I can see the light at the end of the tunnel soon!
Thanks to ADEXE Watch London for sending this stylish men’s watch for Mr C to help him to keep track of time! This watch is a MAC Petite in black and silver that comes in a well-presented box with an extra leather strap and tool. This is 100% produced and designed in-house and made with a hand-polished stainless steel 32.5 mm case and curved hardened crystal glass. The watch comes with genuine hand-made black Italian leather straps. One of the things I have noticed on this watch is that it has a date on the face of the watch. It is not an unusual feature but it is not very common to see them. I am sure Mr C will love this feature until he has to wind it when the months end on 28th, 29th or 30th!
Mr C went for this petite classic looking timepiece that is well proportioned for his wrist. The watch is very lightweight so you don’t feel your wrist is weighed down. This clean-looking watch will match any smart outfit. It is very well-made.
I am thrilled to be able to offer my readers a 15% off discount, please use this EILEENTEO15 code for the discount! ADEXE Watch London is also very kind to offer my readers an opportunity to win a watch of their choice. So good luck and enter through Twitter! Also, remember to check out the rest of my giveaways!
- This giveaway is open to all UK residents only, and you must be over 18 years of age to enter.
- ONE winner will be chosen via Competition Tweet and announced on the etspeaksfrom Twitter account page.
- The winner will be contacted by direct message within 3 days of competition ends. If they do not respond within 28 days another winner may be chosen.
- Your details will be passed to ADEXE Watch London, but will not be passed onto any third parties by ET Speaks From Home.
- The prize will be sent directly to the winner from ADEXE Watch London.
- Delivery is not in the hands of ET Speaks From Home’s Blog and may take some time to arrive.
- Any damage to the prize is not ET Speaks From Home’s responsibility.
- The company reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of a similar type/value if the prize above is not available.
- Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
- Competition starts on 08/01/2019 12 am – 22/01/2019 11.59pm.
Disclosure: We received the sample for the purposes of writing this review, however, all thoughts and opinions remain our own.