This Sunday 7th October 2018 marks one of the most important days in our lives, for National Grandparents Day. We are celebrating this day with a selection of John Adams’ heritage games such as Rummikub, Triominos and Othello. These classic games are what our parents had played with us when we were younger.
Did you know that Rummikub was invented by Ephraim Hertzano, a Romanian-born Jew, who immigrated to Israel in the 1940s? This game has survived the ages and it is still very challenging and fun to play!
We recently reviewed the travel set which comes with 106 tiles, 4 rack holders and instructions. It is aimed at ages seven & above and for two to four players. It requires minimal assembly. We all find this game very challenging and great to play! Even though the tiles are small, they are quite easy to handle especially with the grooves on the numbers.
Triominos is yet another family classic that was invented in the 1960s and is loved by millions of people. The game is made up of triangular tiles with three numbers – one on each side of the triangle. This strategy game is unique because the tiles only occur once in the game so it must be used wisely to gain an extra score by making unique shapes.
Another great classic that I always played with my dad and sister is Othello. Before the computer was affordable to buy, we were playing Othello during the weekends. It is how families used to spend time together by playing games. All these games are available to buy now from good toy retailers and online.
Here are some of the travel games from Amazon:
Although we are living too far away from our mums, we will be here with our children to remind them of their grandparents and hopefully, we will be back to visit them soon.
Now John Adams is giving a selection of heritage games such as Rummikub, Triominos and Othello to one of my followers! So good luck and enter through Gleam! Also, remember to check out the rest of my giveaways!
- This giveaway is open to all UK residents only, and you must be over 18 years of age to enter.
- ONE winner will be chosen via Gleam and announced on this page.
- The winner will be contacted by e-mail within 3 days of competition ends. If they do not respond within 28 days another winner may be chosen.
- Your details will be passed to John Adams, but will not be passed onto any third parties by ET Speaks From Home.
- The prize will be sent directly to the winner from John Adams.
- Delivery is not in the hands of ET Speaks From Home’s Blog and may take some time to arrive.
- Any damage to the prize is not ET Speaks From Home’s responsibility.
- The company reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of a similar type/value if the prize above is not available.
- Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
- Competition starts on 04/10/2018 12 am – 08/11/2018 11.59pm.
Disclosure: We will receive samples for the purposes of writing this blog post, however, all thoughts and opinions remain our own. Contains Amazon affiliate links.