My First Scalextric is a great introduction to the world of Scalextric racing for young children. The magnatraction technology helps to keep the cars on the track, and variable hand-controllers allow the speed of racing to be adjusted depending on skill level. It is suitable for aged three and above. This set is fully compatible with the Micro Scalextric range of sets and cars, allowing you to extend your track and add new cars.
The colourful set consists of pieces of Micro Scalextric sized track that slot together to create the figure of eight, with two track supports lifting up the piece of track for a bridge. It comes with two rally cars in red and yellow, with matching adjustable power hand-controllers which plug into the control unit on one piece of the track. It comes with charger for the mains, instructions and a track map.
There are nine pieces of track to connect together. It is very straightforward to lay it out on the table but we did struggle to slot the track pieces together. Once the track is set up with track supports, you can now connect the handsets to its allocated colour and charger. Next, place the cars onto the track according to its colour. It is printed clearly which track belongs to which car. Switch on the power and you are ready to go. This is a very simply and yet fun track, even for older children. Both of my children enjoy challenging everyone.
The hand controller trigger controls the speed of the car. The more you squeeze the trigger the faster the car will go. Try to slow down for the bends by releasing the trigger. Ms C struggles to get the timing right but Mr K has no problem controlling his car. In fact, you can restrict the movement of the hand controllers trigger by using a screw driver to turn the small dial on the side of the controller until the two dots align, if you think it is too difficult for your child.
I like that the set comes with spare parts for you to repair your car. Also the instructions tell you how to change the braids and provides car maintenance. After playing, it didn’t take me long to dismantle the whole set. The pieces of track are durable which makes it easy to dismantle. We all enjoy playing with this.
The benefits for getting a Scalextric are hand/eye coordination, manual dexterity, risk-reward thinking, face-to-face interaction, three dimensional and motor skill development. For more information on the technical specification and key features, please click http://bit.ly/MyFirstScalextric
I am so excited that I have one My First Scalextric set worth £39.99 to give one of my followers! So good luck and enter through Gleam! Also, remember to check out the rest of my giveaways!
- This giveaway is open to all UK residents only.
- ONE winner will be chosen via Gleam and announced on this page.
- The winner will be contacted by e-mail within 3 days of competition ends. If they do not respond within 28 days another winner may be chosen.
- Your details will be passed to PR, but will not be passed onto any third parties by ET Speaks From Home.
- Delivery is not in the hands of ET Speaks From Home’s Blog and may take some time to arrive.
- Any damage to the prize is not ET Speaks From Home’s responsibility.
- The Editor’s decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
- There is no cash alternative to Prizes which are subject to availability, non-transferable, non-negotiable and non-refundable. Prizes may not be sold, offered for sale or used in connection with any other competition or promotion by the Prize winner
- Competition starts on 05/10/2017 12 am – 19/10/2017 11.59pm.
Disclosure: We will get the sample to write the review. Image used with permission.