Carcassonne is a tile-based strategy board game that sees players compete to build the best cities, roads and farms. It was designed by Klaus-Jürgen Wrede and has spawned many expansions and spin-offs, and several PC, console and mobile versions. This board game is suitable for ages seven and above and can be played by 2 to 5 players. It is available to buy from Esdevium store finder or on Amazon.
Carcassonne is named after the medieval fortified town of Carcassonne in southern France, famed for its city walls. Inside the box, it comes with 72 Land tiles, 12 River tiles, 40 meeples, 5 abbots, scoreboard and instructions. The tiles are well made with thick cardboard and no sharp corners. The design on the tiles are beautifully printed. The meeples and abbots are made from small coloured wooden pieces. I love that inside the box, it comes with a printed background with slots for you to place your pieces and tiles neatly.
When we first opened up the game, we thought that this was going to be a very complicated game to play with young children. But it is not really. They all in fact enjoyed plotting their own cities and learned to incorporate some game strategy. There are a number of ways of playing this and we chose to play the simplified version as this was our first time.
It was very straightforward and planning couldn’t be much simpler! This game requires a large table to play as there are 84 tiles and you play them all. Each player gets their own chosen 8 meeples and 1 abbot (black, yellow, blue, red and green colour) coloured pieces. Then we placed the abbots on the scoreboard.
This game is all about strategy and planning with the tile that was drawn for you. If some of the routes are blocked by other players, you have to plot another route hoping to build your cities/road to score points. We love this game because it is fun and challenging. No wonder it has sold more than 10 million copies and expansions! I would definitely recommend it!
Now Esdevium Games is giving this Carrassonne worth £32.99 to one of my followers! So good luck and enter through Gleam! Also, remember to check out the rest of my giveaways!
- This giveaway is open to all UK residents only.
- ONE winner will be chosen via Gleam and announced on this page.
- The winner will be contacted by e-mail within 3 days of competition ends. If they do not respond within 28 days another winner may be chosen.
- Your details will be passed to Esdevium Games, but will not be passed onto any third parties by ET Speaks From Home.
- The prize will be sent directly to the winner from Esdevium Games.
- Delivery is not in the hands of ET Speaks From Home’s Blog and may take some time to arrive.
- Any damage to the prize is not ET Speaks From Home’s responsibility.
- The company reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of a similar type/value if the prize above is not available.
- Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
- Competition starts on 21/09/2016 12 am – 21/10/2016 11.59pm.
Disclosure: We received the sample for the purposes of writing this review however all thoughts and opinions remain our own. Contains Amazon affiliate link.