Have you seen the Walkers’ comeback crisps? Walkers have launched their biggest ever flavour campaign, ‘Bring it Back’ and they have brought back these five flavours for a limited time: Barbecue, Toasted Cheese, Lamb & Mint, Beef & Onion and Cheese & Chive.
To back this campaign, I was asked to create an old classic recipe! So my friend suggested to make a Black Forest Gateau. I have always wanted to make it after watching the Great British Bake Off but hadn’t dared to make it. Anyway, it was Mr C’s birthday so I decided to stretch myself and give it a try.
After visiting three supermarkets to look for fresh cherries, I had to give up and use tinned cherries for the decoration instead. It does not look as pretty as it should do but it is okay for now!
I decided to use BBC Good Food’s recipe to make it.
- 175g salted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 200g bar dark chocolate
- 300g plain flour
- 375g golden caster sugar
- 25g cocoa
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 medium eggs
- 200g buttermilk or natural yoghurt
- 425g can pitted cherries, 2 tbsp juice reserved, rest drained
- 100g morello cherry jam
- 4 tbsp kirsch (or more juice from a can if you want it to be non-alcoholic)
- 500ml tub double cream
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 small punnet fresh cherries (optional)
This recipe is not very easy to make especially as it gets quite complicated when you mix the chocolate with the rest of the ingredients. Also temping the chocolate ganache is not easy. I did have a shine on the top but it went dull after I left it in the fridge.
The nostalgic limited edition flavours are available from today in 32.5g single bags and variety multipacks of 6 and 24. If you want your favourite flavour to stay on the shelves, quick go and vote for them! There’s also a tasty £100,000 prize draw up for grabs for everyone that votes. Once you have tried them, go to Walkers Bring it Back campaign and vote via Twitter or Facebook or by email. https://www.walkers.co.uk/bringitback/
Now Walkers is giving one box of #Bringitback flavour crisps to one of my followers! So good luck and enter through Gleam! Also, remember to check out the rest of my giveaways!
- This giveaway is open to all UK residents only.
- ONE winner will be chosen via Gleam and announced on this page.
- The winner will be contacted by e-mail within 3 days of competition ends, if they do not respond within 28 days another winner may be chosen.
- Your details will be passed to Walkers, but will not be passed onto any third parties by ET Speaks From Home.
- The prize will be sent directly to the winner from Walkers.
- Delivery is not in the hands of ET Speaks From Home’s Blog and may take some time to arrive.
- Any damage to the prize is not ET Speaks From Home’s responsibility.
- The company reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of a similar type/value if the prize above is not available.
- Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
- Competition starts on 13/10/2015 12 am – 01/11/2015 11.59pm.
Disclosure: We received the samples for the purposes of writing this review however all thoughts and opinions remain our own.