Sshh! Don’t Wake Dad is an electronic board game from Drumond Park. This is suitable for ages 5 and above and for 2 to 4 players. This is a highly entertaining and exciting game. All the children and adults love this hilarious board game!
- Dad in his bed with stickers
- Game board
- Spinner card
- 4 playing pieces
- 16 cards
The aim of this game is for the player to make their way along a truly hazardous route to reach the kitchen fridge – where a slice of tempting chocolate cake awaits. Be careful, dad is sleeping in the middle of the room. Try not to wake him up!
To play this game, all players are all dealt the same number of cards and take it in turns to spin the spinner. Most of the spaces on which they land feature a picture, and if the player already holds the card that matches the image, they are safe. But if not, they must take a deep breath and press Dad’s alarm clock down the number of times indicated on the space. If Dad stays asleep, it’s “Phew” – and the game continues. But if he wakes up, the player is sent back to their slippers, to begin the journey again. But he or she does at least get to keep that hazard card, which will protect them should they confront that hazard again later in the game. Play continues until a player reaches the chocolate cake!
This game requires two AA batteries for the dad in bed. At the bottom, it comes with an on/off button. Once it is switched on, you might find dad occasionally snoring in his bed! The children thought the snoring was hilarious! If you wake the dad, simply twist him back and place him back in bed. The game board and spinner card are made from cardboard so you have to be careful not to bend them.
This game is really exciting and fun! All the children could not contain their excitement and love playing this game. I would highly recommend it!
I have made a video review here where I will show you the game and clips of how we played it!
For stockists and to play games online, visit http://www.drumondpark.com, http://www.facebook.com/drumondpark or http://www.twitter.com/drumondpark. They are available to buy from all good retailers including Amazon.
Now Drumond Park is giving this Sshh! Don’t Wake Dad worth £22.99 to one of my followers! So good luck and enter through Gleam! Also, remember to check out the rest of my giveaways!
- This giveaway is open to all UK residents only.
- ONE winner will be chosen via Gleam and announced on this page.
- The winner will be contacted by e-mail within 3 days of competition ends, if they do not respond within 28 days another winner may be chosen.
- Your details will be passed to Drumond Park, but will not be passed onto any third parties by ET Speaks From Home.
- The prize will be sent directly to the winner from Drumond Park.
- Delivery is not in the hands of ET Speaks From Home’s Blog and may take some time to arrive.
- Any damage to the prize is not ET Speaks From Home’s responsibility.
- The company reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of a similar type/value if the prize above is not available.
- Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
- Competition starts on 11/08/2015 12 am – 12/09/2015 11.59pm.
Disclosure: We received the sample for the purposes of writing this review however all thoughts and opinions remain our own. Contain Amazon affiliate link.