I still remember when I was young, I used to put flowers into a book, flatten it and save it to put in my scrapbook or use as a bookmark. Now with this Interplay Instant flower press, you will get a nicely dried flower instantly to decorate whichever you want! There’s no need to wait for weeks before you can use the flower with this kit!
This flower press kit comes with 2-part flower press, 2 hinge pins, 4 felt pads, 2 cotton pads and instructions. The instructions provides a clear step-by-step guide of how to use it. This is suitable for aged 8 and above.
So we all went off to our nearby park and picked a few daises and other flowers. This flower press works better with freshly picked flowers and on a dry day. We accidentally managed to crush most of the flowers in an unsuitable bag so in the end, we plucked the flowers in our garden!
When picking the flower, flowers that have a naturally flat shape and a single layer of petals such as cosmos, pansies, daises, buttercups and wild geraniums are the easiest to press. When pressing the flower, it is best to using similar types and sizes of flower. The photo below is just an illustration of how to place the flower in the press. Also try to arrange the flower far apart as the petals will stick to each other.
Once you have arranged the flowers properly, next is to place it in the microwave with ½ a cup of cold water. The water is to prevent the flower from being burned. Do 20 seconds on full power each time and check. If the flowers are still damp, microwave for a further 20 seconds with another ½ a cup of cold water. As both of my children are still young, I do the whole process by myself while they watched.
We used the flowers to make a card and also preserve a few in a transparent card! Now they are ready to send out or use as a bookmark!
Now Interplay is giving this Flower Press worth £9.99 to one of my followers! So good luck and enter through Gleam! Also, remember to check out the rest of my giveaways!
- This giveaway is open to all UK residents only.
- ONE winner will be chosen via Gleam and announced on this page.
- The winner will be contacted by e-mail within 3 days of competition ends, if they do not respond within 7 days another winner may be chosen.
- Your details will be passed to Interplay, but will not be passed onto any third parties by ET Speaks From Home.
- The prize will be sent directly to the winner from Interplay.
- Delivery is not in the hands of ET Speaks From Home’s Blog and may take some time to arrive.
- Any damage to the prize is not ET Speaks From Home’s responsibility.
- The company reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of a similar type/value if the prize above is not available.
- Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
- Competition starts on 08/05/2015 12 am – 08/06/2015 11.59pm.
Disclosure: We have received the sample to do an honest review.