From April throughout to September delicious varieties of South African fruit are widely available in UK supermarkets. They are affordable, produced in a sustainable manner and fairly traded. Did you know? Approximately 99% of South African fruit is shipped, not flown. The lovely people from South African Fruit has kindly given us a variety of fruits to taste. They are: Comice pears, Red Williams pears, Royal Gala apples, Songold plums and Angeleno plums.
Comice pears are considered as The King of Pears, renowned for their sweet flavour and juicy flesh.
Red Williams pears have an attractive bright red skin and they are smooth and very juicy.
Royal G have refreshingly sweet flavour.
Songold plums develop a red blush when ripe. They have a succulent texture.
Angeleno plums are sweet and crunchy.
They were all so small andconvenient to pack into a children’s lunch box. Besides eating the fruits fresh as they are, there are a lot of other ways to eat them. For example they could be added to salads, roasted, fried or baked. We did a fruit kebab and fruit ice cream. It is so yummy and tasty. My family loved it. When we are next at the supermarket, we will keep an eye out for them. For more recipe ideas or details of their competitions, you can visit their website or find them on Facebook and Twitter.
Next Monday 22nd April, we have something exciting coming up! A twitter party hosted together by me and 3 of my fellow bloggers: @redrosemummy, @TheBrickCastle and @ummziyad. SA Fruits have been kind enough to provide us all with a selection of their delicious fruits to try out, and has also sponsored TWO family picnic rucksacks (for 4 people) to give away for our Twitter party! We will be talking about healthy eating for children and families, different healthy snack ideas and giving the opportunity to win plenty of prizes so we would love it if you join us on twitter at 10.30 – 11.30 am on Monday the 22nd, with #HealthySnackChat.
To win a family picnic rucksack, please RT this status:
Terms and Conditions:
- Open to UK residents only.
- One picnic rucksack will be won by someone tweeting the #healthysnackchat promotional tweet between 00:01 on Monday 15th April and 10:00 on Monday 22nd April.
- One picnic rucksack will be won by someone tweeting one of the #healthysnackchat party tweets between 10:00 and 12:00 on Monday 22nd April.
- Small prizes will be won by participants in the #healthysnackchat party every fifteen minutes during the party’s running time. 10:30-10:45, 10:46-11:00, 11:01-11:15 and 11:16-11:30.
- Winners will be chosen at random from all qualifying tweets.
- Winners will be chosen by @etspeaksfrom, @redrosemummy, @TheBrickCastle and @ummziyad.
- The picnic rucksacks prizes will be sent direct from the PR company, winner’s details will be passed on to them for prize fulfillment. Small prizes will be sent by @etspeaksfrom.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- Winners will be notified via Twitter DM, you must be following one of the following Twitter accounts to be notified – @etspeaksfrom, @redrosemummy, @TheBrickCastle and @ummziyad.
- Please kindly follow our sponsor @SAFruits too. Thank you.
You can also enter here to get more chances to win: