I was asked by our Lichfield Mandarin Club to teach our members to make a Chinese New year mini Lantern. So I decided to blog the step by step instructions:
- 1 Long Red Packet (Ang Bao)
- 1 Short Red Packet (Ang Bao)
- 1 Stapler
- 1 Scissors
- Fold the long red packet in half (along the length).
- Cut slits along the side of the red packet by cutting halfway along the width. Keep each slit to approx 0.5-1 cm apart.
- Roll the red packet and staple the top and bottom.
- Cut a strip of the short red packet to make a handle for your lantern. Staple onto the lantern.