British weather is always so unpredictable. Some days, there can be strong winds with rain and other days can be just calm and cold. Why not get this fun 5-in-1 weather station for your garden and record the details for yourself? Learn how to measure these conditions like a true meteorologist.
This weather station is so easy to set up – simply unscrew the cap, insert the three anemometer cups at the top and attach the mounting post on the base. Next, look for the best place to place your weather station. Note that is best to place it in the garden and out of direct sunlight.
With this weather station, you can track daily conditions, run experiments, record measurements and notice how your readings change throughout the year. There are three anemometer cups that will spin to measure the wind speed; the readings can be seen on the gauge in either miles or kilometres per hour. There is also an indicator arrow for the wind direction.
To measure the amount of rainfall over a particular period, simply pull out the rain gauge cup, which measures in both cm and inches. I do find it quite hit and miss. Sometimes the rain does not fall into the cup as the position of the weather station can block it depending on the direction of the rainfall. Hence it is not always accurate.
Positioned next to the rain gauge, there are the integrated compass and thermometer. The compass can be used with the wind direction arrow to see which direction the wind is blowing. The thermometer measures temperature in both degrees Celsius and Fahrenheit.
This indeed is a fun weather station to have. It has everything you need to record the British weather! This weather station is available to buy from Argos, including Science Mad! Light Up Globe, Science Mad! 30mm Telescope (RRP £15.99), among other items.
Look out for other great kits and equipment in the range, including the Science Mad! Chemistry Lab, the Science Mad! Crystal Growing Lab, the Science Mad! Planetarium Star Globe, the Science Mad! Night Vision Goggles, the Science Mad! Rock Tumbler and the Science Mad! Digital Metal Detector.
Now Science Mad is giving this 5-in-1 Weather Station worth £17.99 to one of my followers! So good luck and enter through Gleam! Also, remember to check out the rest of my giveaways!
- This giveaway is open to all UK residents only, and you must be over 18 years of age to enter.
- ONE winner will be chosen via Gleam and announced on this page.
- The winner will be contacted by e-mail within 3 days of competition ends. If they do not respond within 28 days another winner may be chosen.
- Your details will be passed to Science Mad, but will not be passed onto any third parties by ET Speaks From Home.
- The prize will be sent directly to the winner from Science Mad.
- Delivery is not in the hands of ET Speaks From Home’s Blog and may take some time to arrive.
- Any damage to the prize is not ET Speaks From Home’s responsibility.
- The company reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of a similar type/value if the prize above is not available.
- Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
- By entering, you are agreeing that your forename and last initial (Facebook profile) can be shared on the Gleam application if you are drawn as the winner.
- Competition starts on 04/10/2022 12 am – 11/10/2022 11.59pm.
Disclosure: We received the sample for the purposes of writing this review, however, all thoughts and opinions remain our own.