Alice in Puzzleland is a puzzle book with specially commissioned riddles and conundrums themed around both Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass. It contains beautiful illustrations by Sir John Tenniel’s original artwork and includes a selection of Lewis Carroll’s own logical brainteasers.
Many will know that we love solving puzzles in this household and have reviewed numerous puzzle books. There are some which contain just simple and straightforward calculations but some which are witty and based on a theme. This book is completely related to the characters, language and locations uncovered in Lewis Carroll’s Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and it’s sequel Through the Looking Glass, and What Alice Found There.
The book contains 300 fun riddles and conundrums and it also comes with the answers at the back. I don’t think I can solve a puzzle without looking at the answer to check! I love that each puzzle is independent. You can skip the puzzle if you are not able to solve it. I have needed to Google some of the answers for further explanation. For example, one answer is that all the oysterlings are male. I didn’t realise that all oysters start off life as a male! I did further read about oysters to learn more about them! They are hermaphroditic and after one year it can change to females. Within 3 years, 90% of oysters are female! So interesting!
This book is split into three different levels: easy, curious and hard. If you find it too easy, you can always skip the chapters to do the harder questions! This book is enjoyable and I love it. The book is available to buy now via Carlton Books, Amazon or any good book store.
Now Carlton Books is giving this Alice in Puzzleland book worth £20 to TWO of my followers! So good luck and enter through Gleam! Also, remember to check out the rest of my giveaways!
Alice in Puzzleland
- This giveaway is open to all UK residents only, and you must be over 18 years of age to enter.
- TWO winners will be chosen via Gleam and announced on this page.
- The winners will be contacted by e-mail within 3 days of competition ends. If they do not respond within 28 days another winner may be chosen.
- Your details will be passed to Carlton Books, but will not be passed onto any third parties by ET Speaks From Home.
- The prize will be sent directly to the winners from Carlton Books.
- Delivery is not in the hands of ET Speaks From Home’s Blog and may take some time to arrive.
- Any damage to the prize is not ET Speaks From Home’s responsibility.
- The company reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of a similar type/value if the prize above is not available.
- Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
- Competition starts on 14/06/2019 12 am – 16/07/2019 11.59pm.
Disclosure: We received the sample for the purposes of writing this review, however, all thoughts and opinions remain our own. We have included an Amazon affiliate link to the product. If you click on this and buy, we may earn a small commission.