Most parents of primary school children will have come across Heelys and in fact, at my children’s school, it seems like every child has a pair! They are the trainer style shoe with the skateboard-like wheel in the heel. They are an ingenious, cool looking skate-shoe that enables children to transform an ordinary walk into a much more lively and interesting journey altogether.
Ms C was super excited when she received her purple emoji Heelys! When she first wore them, she did a bit daunted. She had an ice skating lesson before, but this is still very new to her.
These cute emoji Heelys comes with synthetic upper with padded tongue and collar for optimal comfort and protection. This model tends to be slightly smaller than normal shoe size. Ms C wears size 10 shoes but we ordered the size 11 Heelys which are just right for her.
The shoes are also well made with high quality materials, durable thick rubber soles, beautiful stitching on the shoes and power strap & elastic gore closure for a secure fit. They come with 2 wheels for each shoe, and a special little tool for you to switch the wheels and sole plugs out. It didn’t take me long to fix the wheels in and then they are ready to go. If you are very experienced in your Heelys, you can switch to 1 wheel. If you would like to use it as a normal shoe, you could switch it back to its original look.
Overall, Ms C has really been enjoying her Heelys. They are definitely challenging, but she is having a great time learning how to glide around on them. She loves the fun designs. These are a great pair of shoes that provide children with an opportunity to exercise but of course always make sure your child is equipped with the right protective gear. Just as with any sports item that incorporates wheels, the Heely requires balance and falls can occur. It makes sense to team the shoes with helmets and pads to help to prevent injury. Also, don’t use them when approaching roads, crowds or gravelly and uneven surfaces.
Heelys and accessories are available to buy from Skates.co.uk in many colours and pattern and from children to adult sizes! They also stock roller skates, scooters and many more.
Now Skates.co.uk is giving the Heelys Fresh Model shoes worth £49.95 to one of my followers! So good luck and enter through Gleam! Also, remember to check out the rest of my giveaways!
- This giveaway is open to all UK residents only.
- ONE winner will be chosen via Gleam and announced on this page.
- The winner will be contacted by e-mail within 3 days of competition ends. If they do not respond within 28 days another winner may be chosen.
- Your details will be passed to Skates.co.uk, but will not be passed onto any third parties by ET Speaks From Home.
- The prize will be sent directly to the winner from Skates.co.uk.
- Delivery is not in the hands of ET Speaks From Home’s Blog and may take some time to arrive.
- Any damage to the prize is not ET Speaks From Home’s responsibility.
- The company reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of a similar type/value if the prize above is not available.
- Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
- Competition starts on 13/03/2017 12 am – 16/04/2017 11.59pm.
Disclosure: We received the sample for the purposes of writing this review however all thoughts and opinions remain our own.