King of Tokyo is a strategic game where players take on the role of giant monsters battling for domination of Tokyo. It is a challenging and fun game involving dice rolling. This game is available to buy from Esdevium store finder or on Amazon.
This game is set in Tokyo where you are a giant monster on a rampage. You need to destroy everyone around you in the form of Victory Points. The first to get 20 wins the game or the last Monster standing wins if it’s a slugfest you want. It is suitable for aged eight and above and for two to six players.
To set up this game, every player chooses a monster and places the figure on a plastic stand. Then set its Life Points to 10 and Victory Points to 0.
Place the Tokyo board in the centre of the table. The board represents the City of Tokyo, divided into two district places: Tokyo City and Tokyo Bay. At the beginning of the game, nobody is in Tokyo, so no Monsters are on the board. If there are four players or fewer, you will only use Tokyo City. If you have 5 to 6, you use both.
Shuffle the cards and deal the first three cards face-up on the table. Each player rolls the six black dice on their turn. The green dices are use on special cards.
This game is a delightful combination of luck and strategy. Sometimes you can roll a lot of Attack while you are inside the King of Tokyo, or sometime for the next few rounds, you roll none at all. We played this as a family game and even my six year old daughter loves it! Even though she is not great at the strategy side of it, she can resolve and understands the effects of the dice.
We all enjoyed playing this game especially when we start attacking and buying the card to gain some points. This game helps us to think ahead and make sure we have to look after our own Life Points. It is challenging and kept us eager to play again, so much so that it has become our bedtime game! No wonder this game have won a lot of awards. I would definitely recommend it.
In my video, I will show you the contents and how to start the game. Do check it out!
Now Esdevium Games Ltd is giving this King of Tokyo worth £29.99 to one of my followers! So good luck and enter through Gleam! Also, remember to check out the rest of my giveaways!
- This giveaway is open to all UK residents only.
- ONE winner will be chosen via Gleam and announced on this page.
- The winner will be contacted by e-mail within 3 days of competition ends, if they do not respond within 28 days another winner may be chosen.
- Your details will be passed to Esdevium Games Ltd, but will not be passed onto any third parties by ET Speaks From Home.
- The prize will be sent directly to the winner from Esdevium Games Ltd.
- Delivery is not in the hands of ET Speaks From Home’s Blog and may take some time to arrive.
- Any damage to the prize is not ET Speaks From Home’s responsibility.
- The company reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of a similar type/value if the prize above is not available.
- Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
- Competition starts on 29/04/2016 12 am – 01/06/2016 11.59pm.
Disclosure: We received the sample for the purposes of writing this review however all thoughts and opinions remain our own. Contains Amazon affiliate link.