Not long now before the end of the year and then we will be welcoming the New Year 2015. Instead of a quiet New Year, we are going to make a lot of noise this year. We made these paper plate New Year Drums to play. It is very simple to make but it does require a few hours in total to make.
- 4 Large paper plates
- Different coloured paints and glitter for decoration
- Paper chains (cut into 5cm long) or ribbons for decoration
- Let the children decorate the back of the paper plates with paint or glitter. Allow a few hours to dry before putting the drum together.
- Place the bells inside the paper plates before securing it with staples. I used four paper plates (two per side) as the paper plates were quite soft. If you have used a firmer paper plate, you should be okay with just two plates.
- Place the paper chains in between the paper plate and secure it with staples.
- Once done, you are ready to make some noise!