Rockpool is an educational game for children aged six and above. Players need to collect shells and clean up rubbish from the beach before the tide comes in! Do watch out as many cheeky creatures come to steal your shells!
This game comes in a cute shell-shaped box. There are 124 cards, a Rockpool board and instructions. It is for two to six players. Each player picks their own team (there are six teams and each has their own colours) and each team has five Child cards and one Dog card.
Next, shuffle and divide the cards into seven piles and place them around the Rockpool play board. Then players take turns adding Stone Cards to the Rockpool to reveal what’s underneath: shells, starfish, dog toys, cheeky shell-stealing creatures or even some horrible rubbish! Sometimes a wave will come in and wash the contents of the Rockpool away and all the shells are lost. At any time, players can Shout – “fetch!”, “starfish!”, “rubbish!” and “rockpool!”, to empty the Rockpool for their team and add shells to their collection. The game ends when eight Wave cards are revealed or all Team cards are used.
This game challenges younger players to collect shell cards and learn how to shout strategically to collect shells. This game also comes with a serious message for children to understand the impact of littering on beaches and the destructive effect of plastic waste in our oceans. It encourages players to collect rubbish from the beach to increase their chances of winning the game.
I do find this game is best to play with at least one adult as younger children might be unable to understand the instructions fully or to calculate the scoring at the end of the game. This game is available to buy in good shops or some online shops. For more information about the game, please visit: https://gibsonsgames.co.uk/products/rockpool-little-gibsons-game
Now Gibsons is giving this Rockpool game worth £13 to one of my followers! So good luck and enter through Gleam! Also, remember to check out the rest of my giveaway!
- This giveaway is open to all UK residents only, and you must be over 18 years of age to enter.
- ONE winner will be chosen via Gleam and announced on this page.
- The winner will be contacted by e-mail within 3 days of competition ends. If they do not respond within 28 days another winner may be chosen.
- Your details will be passed to Gibsons, but will not be passed onto any third parties by ET Speaks From Home.
- The prize will be sent directly to the winner from Gibsons.
- Delivery is not in the hands of ET Speaks From Home’s Blog and may take some time to arrive.
- Any damage to the prize is not ET Speaks From Home’s responsibility.
- The company reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of a similar type/value if the prize above is not available.
- Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
- By entering, you are agreeing that your forename and last initial (Facebook profile) can be shared on the Gleam application if you are drawn as the winner.
- Competition starts on 17/07/2020 12 am – 31/08/2020 11.59pm.
Disclosure: We received the sample for the purposes of writing this review, however, all thoughts and opinions remain our own.