Want to impress your family and friends this Christmas? If so, why not try out this delicious Vegetable Spiral Tart with Avocado-Curry Cream recipe by Yvette van Bovan? This is her latest comprehensive Christmas cookbook called Home Made Christmas that will be out on the 16th October 2018 by Abrams.
For many years, Yvette has been writing Christmas recipes for newspapers and magazines. When she was composing her Home Sweet Home book, she discovered that she had written many holiday recipes and decided to compose this book!
Home Made Christmas includes more than 100 step-by-step recipes for the holidays that are all easy to make and delicious. This book is categorized into different sections: recipes for the morning, drinks, snacks, soups, small plates, the main courses, side dishes, desserts and many more. I love that she also provides menu ideas to make planning easier!
I have picked this recipe because it is suitable for all occasions and for vegetarians. You don’t have to wait until Christmas to cook this beautiful dish.
For the crust:
- 450g sweet potatoes
- 1 egg
- Sea salt & black pepper
For the filling:
- 300g carrots
- 2 parsnips
- 1 eggplant
- 2 eggs
- 150ml heavy cream
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
On the side:
- 1 avocado
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Grated zest and juice of ½ lemon
- 125ml crème fraiche
1. Grate the sweet potatoes in a food processor using a coarse grater. Beat the egg with some salt and pepper and combine it with the sweet potatoes. Press the sweet potato mixture into the pie pan on the lower rack in the oven until half done and the edge begins to brown, for about 25 minutes at 180 degrees.
2. Shave the vegetables as thin as possible. Fit the vegetables in the pan in circles. Whisk the eggs, cream, garlic, curry powder, caraway seeds, salt and pepper and pour over the vegetables. Bake for 45 minutes at 200 degrees.
3. Puree the avocado with curry powder, lemon zest and juice. Then stir in the crème fraiche.
This dish will serve 4 to 6 servings. It looks great and tastes great too. It tastes a bit like a quiche. It took me at least 45 minutes to prepare this dish and I think it is worth it. Your family and friends will love this dish!
There are many recipes to choose from and we are looking forward to trying more out. Also, most of the ingredients can be found in good supermarkets. The measurement comes in both US and UK metrics which make it easy to follow.
This book will be available to buy from good bookstores and Amazon from 16th October 2018. Click here to check out more from Abrams & Chronicle Books: https://www.abramsandchronicle.co.uk/book/9781419732386-home-made-christmas/
Now Abrams is giving this Home Sweet Christmas cookbook worth £26.99 to one of my followers! So good luck and enter through Gleam! Also, remember to check out the rest of my giveaways!
- This giveaway is open to all UK residents only, and you must be over 18 years of age to enter.
- ONE winner will be chosen via Gleam and announced on this page.
- The winner will be contacted by e-mail within 3 days of competition ends. If they do not respond within 28 days another winner may be chosen.
- Your details will be passed to Abrams, but will not be passed onto any third parties by ET Speaks From Home.
- The prize will be sent directly to the winner from Abrams.
- Delivery is not in the hands of ET Speaks From Home’s Blog and may take some time to arrive.
- Any damage to the prize is not ET Speaks From Home’s responsibility.
- The company reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of a similar type/value if the prize above is not available.
- Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
- Competition starts on 27/09/2018 12 am – 28/10/2018 11.59pm.
Disclosure: I received this book from the publisher for free. However, they have not paid me for this review, and they do not exercise any editorial control over my review or anything else on this site. Contains Amazon affiliate link.