When I Dream is a family friendly game which is all about dreams and imagination. In this game, you take turns to be the Dreamer and try to figure out your dream and which spirits are the naughty ones and which are the good ones! This game is suitable for aged eight and above. The game is for four to ten players and it makes a great party game as it’s fun to play together! It is available to buy from 365games.co.uk, Esdevium store finder RRP £26.99 and Amazon.
This game comes with 11 Dream Spirit cards, 110 Dream cards (double-sided, each with four elements), 104 Point tokens, plastic bed with headboard, game board, sleep mask, sand timer and instructions.
To play this game, set up the game board in the middle of the table with its bed. Fill the bed with the Dream cards and place the headboard to cover one of the two Elements. Next, depending on how many players are playing, take the corresponding Dream Spirit cards according to the chart in the instructions and leave the rest in the box. There aren’t too many rules but I had to be reminded by my children to only use one word clues!
At the beginning of each round of When I Dream one player takes the role of the Dreamer and “falls asleep”, wearing the mask. The other players are secretly dealt their role cards determining what kind of spirits they are “good” or “naughty” or if they are just “tricksters” changing sides as the game goes by.
Now everyone will take their turn to describe the Element to the dreamer using one word each. The dreamer can guess what the element of the Dream is at any time, placing the card to the good spirits team side if the guess was correct and in the naughty spirits pile if it was not.
At the end of the round, the Dreamer and the good spirits get a point for every card in the good spirits pile, when the naughty spirits get one point for every card in the naughty spirits pile. The tricksters get points according to how well balanced the two teams were at the end of the round, gaining extra points if they managed to equally balance the two piles.
At the end of the round, the dreamer must use the words he guessed and story-tell his dream for extra points before he opens his eyes.
This is a fairly simple and straightforward game that everyone can join in. We love that this game encourages the players to be imaginative and gets them to make up their own little story for extra points.
The board game pieces are made with good quality materials and should last for a long time. The sleep mask is beautifully printed and made. We all enjoyed this game and love the concept of this word guessing game. I would definitely recommend it.
Now Esdevium Games is giving this When I Dream worth £26.99 to one of my followers! So good luck and enter through Gleam! Also, remember to check out the rest of my giveaways!
when i dream worth £26.99
- This giveaway is open to all UK residents only.
- ONE winner will be chosen via Gleam and announced on this page.
- The winner will be contacted by e-mail within 3 days of competition ends. If they do not respond within 28 days another winner may be chosen.
- Your details will be passed to Esdevium Games, but will not be passed onto any third parties by ET Speaks From Home.
- The prize will be sent directly to the winner from Esdevium Games.
- Delivery is not in the hands of ET Speaks From Home’s Blog and may take some time to arrive.
- Any damage to the prize is not ET Speaks From Home’s responsibility.
- The company reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of a similar type/value if the prize above is not available.
- Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
- Competition starts on 09/11/2017 12 am – 10/12/2017 11.59pm.
Disclosure: We received the sample for the purposes of writing this review however all thoughts and opinions remain our own. Contains Amazon affiliate link.