I’m sure many of you will know Countdown which is one of the longest-running and most iconic quiz shows on British television. I still remember when I started watching it in 2004 when Richard Whiteley and Carol Voderman were still presenting. Nevertheless, this show is now one of my son’s favourite programmes after they were encourage to watch it at home by school.
Due to the popularity, Rocket Games has released a brand new version of the Countdown board game featuring music from the show and all your favourite rounds. Now you can play along as the stars do and hope to achieve a nine letter word or the elusive target number before the 30 seconds are up while the music counts down! There is also the Countdown Conundrum, where you need to be quick off the mark to spot the jumbled up word before your fellow friends.
This is suitable for aged 8 and above and for 2 or more players. The box contains:
- Countdown playing board
- Countdown score pad
- 116 letter cards
- 24 number cards
- 40 conundrum cards
- Countdown clock music sound effect unit (batteries included)
- Target number die
- Red filter sheet
- 2 pencils
We all love this game as it follows the format of the TV show. I personally find it quite stressful with the authentic Countdown music timer in the background but it is all good fun! To play the game is fairly simple as the score sheet tells you which round is next. You can do all 15 rounds as per the score sheet, or you can vary it to as many or as little as you want.
It comes with 40 conundrum cards and to read the answer, you have to use the filter sheet to reveal the answer. We find it quite hard but my husband was able to get a few of them right. This game is great to test your vocabulary and your spelling skills! My children and I have a lot to catch up if we are going to compete with others!
For the number questions, to generate a random number, you just need to roll the die three times to form a 3 digit number. Then from there try to work out the sum! It’s best to have some paper handy to work out your sums.
This game is really exciting and we all enjoy it. I’m sure this will be played over and over in our household. I would highly recommend them. It is available to buy in good stores including Amazon.
If you would like to find out more about Countdown, why not check out my vlog!
Now Esdevium Games is giving this Countdown board game worth £19.99 to one of my followers! So good luck and enter through Gleam! Also, remember to check out the rest of my giveaways!
Countdown Board Game
- This giveaway is open to all UK residents only.
- ONE winner will be chosen via Gleam and announced on this page.
- The winner will be contacted by e-mail within 3 days of competition ends. If they do not respond within 28 days another winner may be chosen.
- Your details will be passed to Esdevium Games, but will not be passed onto any third parties by ET Speaks From Home.
- The prize will be sent directly to the winner from Esdevium Games.
- Delivery is not in the hands of ET Speaks From Home’s Blog and may take some time to arrive.
- Any damage to the prize is not ET Speaks From Home’s responsibility.
- The company reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of a similar type/value if the prize above is not available.
- Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
- Competition starts on 10/02/2016 12 am – 10/03/2016 11.59pm.
Disclosure: We received the sample for the purposes of writing this review however all thoughts and opinions remain our own. Contains Amazon affiliate link.