Want to impress your friends with these amazing Press Out Masks? Then read on! These masks were designed by Steve Wintercroft, an artist with a passion for craftsmanship and conservation, these masks have been used everywhere from music videos and fashion shoots to theatre productions and political campaigns.
The Fox was his first animal mask that he reclaimed and scavenged from his recycling bin to use at his friend’s Halloween party years ago. The Fox is considered a magical and even mischievous creature in many cultures. This mask also reminds me of the song, “What Does The Fox Say?”
The book splits into six sections: how it all begins; press out templates for the mask; instruction to construct; tail; wall hanging; and ethos. The press out templates are made from flexible glossy cardboard with simple numbered tabs. It took me a good one and a half hours to stick it using single and double sided tapes to make it more secure.
The mask is very eye-catching and wide enough for my head to sneak in. It’s not particularly comfortable to wear but it looks amazing! Both my children love it and have been wanting to wear it to play. However, the cardboard is fragile, so I just hang it on the wall rather than wear it.
Next is the Skull which is one of humanity’s most powerful symbols and is often adopted as an icon of courage or rebellion. Again, the format of the book is similar to the Fox book except instead of tail, it comes with a tradition Mexican’s Day of the Dead illustration. I love all the detail of this skull. It is very impressive.
Now Carlton Books is giving the Fox and the Skull press out books to one of my followers! So good luck and enter through Gleam! Also, remember to check out the rest of my giveaways!
Press Out Mask Books
- This giveaway is open to all UK residents only.
- ONE winner will be chosen via Gleam and announced on this page.
- The winner will be contacted by e-mail within 3 days of competition ends. If they do not respond within 28 days another winner may be chosen.
- Your details will be passed to Carlton Books, but will not be passed onto any third parties by ET Speaks From Home.
- The prizes will be sent directly to the winner from Carlton Books.
- Delivery is not in the hands of ET Speaks From Home’s Blog and may take some time to arrive.
- Any damage to the prize is not ET Speaks From Home’s responsibility.
- The company reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of a similar type/value if the prize above is not available.
- Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
- Competition starts on 26/01/2016 12 am – 26/02/2016 11.59pm.
Disclosure: We received the samples for the purposes of writing this review however all thoughts and opinions remain our own.