Ever since I learnt how to make Tiramisu via Sacla Cookery School (read my Sacla Aubergine Parmigiana’s recipe here), I wanted to try it out! So I finally I got around to it!
This is my first time making Milo Tiramisu and it works! The best of it is that I didn’t even use raw egg white. I find it hard to make tiramisu with raw egg white as I am not used to eating raw food. So I swapped it with mascarpone instead. I know that you can buy pasteurised egg whites which would be better in this recipe. The product is called Two Chicks but not many places sell it near us. I couldn’t find it in Tesco or Morrisons but managed to find it in Waitrose.
This will take only 30 minutes to make and you need to let it rest overnight before you serve.
- 1 packet of sponge fingers
- 3 tablespoons of Milo plus dusting
- 1 tub of mascarpone 280g
- 3 tablespoons of caster sugar
- 280ml of whipped cream
- 3 tablespoons of icing sugar
- 10 Amaretti Biscuits, crushed
- Mix hot water with milo and let it cool slightly before dipping the sponge fingers. Quickly dip the sponge fingers into the milo. Do not let it soak through. Place the dipped sponge fingers into a dish.
- Whisk the mascarpone with caster sugar until well mixed.
- Whisk the whipped cream and icing sugar slightly. Do not over whisk it.
- Fold in the mascarpone mixture with the whipped cream mixture.
- Spread the mixture on top of the sponge fingers.
- Add crushed Amaretti biscuits on top.
- Add more sponge fingers before adding the mascarpone mixture on top.
- Dust the top with Milo.
This is so easy to make and does not require baking! It tastes great too! Milo is one of my favourite drinks. It is a bit like Ovaltine but tastes much more chocolaty!