In these coming months, I will be partnering with a few major retailers for the National Stationery Week (27 April – 3 May 2015) to get Britain writing, and to focus on the importance of handwriting.
This week I have received this staple free stapler from KOKUYO, Japan’s leading stationery brand. Harinacs staple free stapler holds sheets of paper without using metal staples (maximum of 6 sheet of paper at a weight of 80 gsm). This innovative and quirky stapler comes in three different designs and in a range of fun colours; including pink, blue, green, brown, white and black. They are available to buy from www.stonegift.com. So I am using Harinacs staple to make a stapleless Chinese New Year lantern.
- 6 ang pow (long rectangle) – insert strip of cardboard into the ang pow
- Red string & Chinese knot
- Decorative flowers
- Blu Tack foam pad
- Hole puncher
- Punch hole on two of the ang pow right at the top. This is to thread in the red string.
- Use Harinacs to staple the sides of the ang pow.
- Decorate the ang pow with flowers.
- Thread the red string via the hole on the ang pow and tie a knot.
- Next use the red string to thread the Chinese knot and secure it.
Watch this video for the step by step.
This is a very simple craft and safe that you can even make it with your children as there is no metal staples involved.
I enjoy using the Harinacs as it is not only safe, it is environment friendly! Also there are so many ways of using Harinacs. I also used it to make paper chains and also heart shapes. It is so easy to use to make these crafts.
Disclosure: I have received the sample to promote National Stationery Week.