Mr K and Ms C are both very curious to explore the science around them. They always ask me a lot questions including why vinegar hurts their broken skin, why the cut apple turns brown and many more. I am so glad to have this extensive kit from Science4you Chemistry 1000 to help both of my children to explore the world that surrounds them. This kit is suitable for aged 8 onwards so I help them do most of the experiments just in case they hurt themselves.
Chemistry 1000 with 80 experiments comes in two huge boxes containing protective goggles, lab coat, gloves, pH strips, measuring cups, test tubes and many more. Also it comes with a 36-page coloured book providing detailed instructions and scientific information with 32 experiment ideas printed for you to do it with your children. The rest of the experiments require you to download or print via the website provided on the back page of the book.
Here is the video made by Science4you which shows the contents of the kit and two experiments.
Before you do a project with your children, do read up on it beforehand and get the items ready to avoid disappointing them. I had to rush out to buy vinegar, baking soda and lemon to do some of the projects. These items might be common in most households but not for us! I hardly use vinegar and baking soda.
We did a couple of projects like how to inflate a balloon without blowing, the interesting case of milk and also how to preserve apples in the open air. They are very fun short experiments that we can do at least one a weekend to keep us busy rather than them playing games on their iPad or watching TV. I love how the booklet gives me plenty ideas with simple explanations for me to explain to my children. Also it come with a good quality pair of goggles. The lab coat is a bit too long for Mr K but he is only 6 and this kit is for 8 years old. So it would be suitable for the right age group.
Now Science4you is giving Chemistry 1000 worth £19.99 to ONE of my followers! So good luck and enter through Rafflecopter! Also, remember to check out the rest of my giveaways!
- This giveaway is open to all UK residents only.
- ONE winner will be chosen via Rafflecopter and announced on this page.
- The winner will be contacted by e-mail within 3 days of competition ends, if they do not respond within 7 days another winner may be chosen.
- Your details will be passed to Science4you, but will not be passed onto any third parties by ET Speaks From Home.
- The prize will be sent directly to the winners from Science4you.
- Delivery is not in the hands of ET Speaks From Home’s Blog and may take some time to arrive.
- Any damage to the prizes is not ET Speaks From Home’s responsibility.
- The company reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of a similar type/value if the prize above is not available.
- Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
- Competition starts on 15/11/2014 12 am – 16/12/2014 12am
Disclosure: We have received the product to do an honest review and I am not paid to host this competition.