Cat’s Tongue Cookies is another recipe from The Secret of Cookies by Gu Huixue. I totally love this book my friend bought for me in Singapore! One of the ingredients is cake flour which I replaced with plain flour.
- 60g butter (softened and dices)
- 75g icing sugar
- 65g egg white (two eggs)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 60g plain flour (sifted)
- In a large bowl, mix butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg white in 2 – 3 batches and beat well.
- Add the flour by folding until it is smooth.
- Add vanilla essence and stir well.
- Spoon the mixture into piping bag (using big round nozzle). Pipe the mixture into strips about 5 cm long. Leaving a gap of 5 cm between them.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes at 180°C.
- Set aside to cool.
These cat’s tongue cookies are very light and buttery. The smaller the pipping nozzle, the smaller the cookies will be. So do remember to adjust the baking time accordingly.