It is quite small in size, about 6.6 cm by 3.3 cm. The chocolate was wrapped in a clear plastic with a paper wrapper on the top. I love how it’s divided into petite chunks. It makes eating chocolate more interesting! It looks like a sophisticated and posh bar of chocolate.As with all dark chocolates, Ohso chocolate has a mild bitter taste. There’s an old Chinese proverb — 苦口良藥 — which means: “good medicine tastes bitter”. It’s not medicinal in flavour in anyway, which is surprising considering there is over a billion friendly bacteria. In fact the 53% cocoa Belgian chocolate tastes really good.
Have you heard about a chocolate containing probiotic? I had not until I found Ohso probiotic chocolate through Twitter. It is the probiotic that interest me in their chocolate. So I asked the lovely company to send me some for reviewing.
1. Probiotics promote healthy gastrointestinal functions that help to nourish the body.
2. Dark chocolate is a natural product which contains antioxidants to help strengthen your body’s own natural defences.
3. Ohso chocolate is 3x more effective than most probiotic milk drinks at delivering around a billion good bacteria to your intestine.
4. Ohso chocolate is cholesterol, gluten and wheat free with no added dairy.
5. Ohso chocolate contains only 72 calories per bar.
There are reported health benefits to normal dark chocolate and with Ohso’s added probiotic, I think this is a great product!
I rate it 4.5 stars out of 5. It is smooth, rich and delicious. It costs £3.99 for 7 bars of chocolate. It is quite pricey but I having been drinking probiotic drinks daily and in comparison, 7 bottles of Yakult costs me £2.75 to buy in Tesco. Just extra £1.24, I get chocolate which is more effective than probiotic drinks! Also I can eat it on the move, carry it out and about and share it with my family! I would not be able to do this for a probiotic drink which needs to be stored in the fridge.
If you’d like to find out more, please visit: www.ohsolovesyourtummy.com
Use this code to get your first week’s pack for free & second weeks pack for half price: ohsohealthychoc
Disclosure: We were given this product to do an honest review.