Baking with children is one of our activities we do at home when it is a rainy day or simply because we fancy it. It is a great way to teach them and enjoy family time together. I can not say I enjoy it 100% because inevitably you spend double the time cleaning up the mess they make. But it is a great way to prevent them from watching too much TV.
– 250 ml milk
– 80g cooking chocolate
– 30g butter
– 2 eggs, yolks and whites separate
– 30g caster sugar
– 100g white bread, crumbledPreparation
1. Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
2. In a saucepan, heat the milk with the chocolate and butter. Mix until the chocolate has melted completely, then turn off the heat and leave to one side.
3. Beat the egg whites until they are very stiff.
4. In a bowl, beat the yolks briskly with the sugar. Add the bread and mix together. Delicately incorporate the egg whites.
5. Pour the mixture into the round dish, that has been previously buttered, and put it in the oven for 30 minutes.
6. Serve lukewarm or cold.Tips
You can heat the milk, the chocolate and the butter in the microwave, for 2½ minutes at full power, in the round dish used for the preparation.
Items within Pyrex glass range are priced from £3.99 and are available from stockists nationwide. To find out more about the entire Pyrex cook and kitchenware collection and locate your nearest stockist, visit www.pyrex.eu.
|Pyrex is a trademark of Corning Inc, used by permission.|
Disclosure: We were given this product to do an honest review.