Star Wars Pictopia is a Star Wars edition picture-trivia family game that spans the decades of Star Wars history. This game not only tests your knowledge, it offers a unique twist; some questions must be answered from the perspective of the player asking the question, making it ideal for gathering the whole family around the table. It is available to buy from Esdevium store finder and Amazon at RRP £19.99. We have previously reviewed the Disney Pictopia version, you can read more about it here.
This is suitable for aged 7 and above and for 2 to 6 players. Inside this box, it comes with 1 plastic base tray, 1 score tracker panel, 200 question cards, 6 answer dials, 30 wager coins, 6 marker pegs, 1 die and instructions.
The graphics and materials on the question cards are superb. On each question card, there are four pictures clearly labelled A, B, C and D. The questions and answers are at the back of the cards. It’s a nice touch to have the answer dials with different Star Wars characters.
To play this game, you need to place the score tracker panel onto the base tray and place the number of marker pegs onto it. Each player gets an answer dial and five wager coins matching their colour mover (numbered 1 to 5, placed number facing down). The player with the next birthday is the host for the first turn. To win this game, you need to get your peg in the final position (25 points) and answer a solo pick question to win.
There are 1000 questions from the Star Wars movies. Some of them are group questions and some are individual questions. For the group questions, all players except the host work together to answer the questions. I find this so much easier to discuss out loud especially as I can’t remember or recognise some of the characters! For the individual questions, players will use their scoring dials to answer questions secretly!
There’s a nice twist to this game which is to answer spotlight questions. These are all about you, the host, and what you think about the characters, stories, and the other players. When we played, we found that sometimes the host may play tactically and choose an answer that they thought others would not think of so that they would not score any points.
There is also a twist on the die, where if you roll the arrow symbol, all players who are in first place must move their pegs back one position. It is a love and hate situation! We encountered it right at the end of the game where a single player managed to roll the symbol three times to send the leader back 3 spaces. What chance!
Overall, we all love this game and had fun together discussing the characters and story while playing. I would highly recommend this board game for all Star Wars fans.
To get my readers all excited for the new movie Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, I have this Star Wars Pictopia worth £19.99 to be won! So good luck and enter through Gleam! Also, remember to check out the rest of my giveaways!
- This giveaway is open to all UK residents only.
- ONE winner will be chosen via Gleam and announced on this page.
- The winner will be contacted by e-mail within 3 days of competition ends, if they do not respond within 28 days another winner may be chosen.
- Your details will be passed to Esdevium Games Ltd, but will not be passed onto any third parties by ET Speaks From Home.
- The prize will be sent directly to the winner from Esdevium Games Ltd.
- Delivery is not in the hands of ET Speaks From Home’s Blog and may take some time to arrive.
- Any damage to the prize is not ET Speaks From Home’s responsibility.
- The company reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of a similar type/value if the prize above is not available.
- Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
- Competition starts on 20/10/201 12 am – 20/11/2016 11.59pm.
Disclosure: We received the sample for the purposes of writing this review however all thoughts and opinions remain our own. Contains Amazon affiliate links.