Do you find that you constantly have to delete photos or forget to back up your files? Being a full time blogger and with two young children, I’m always taking photos and videos and my SD cards are always running out of memory!
Research by WD®, a Western Digital (NASDAQ: WDC) company, reveals that over half (56%) of UK consumers have been forced to delete content from a technology device, due to capacity issues, and then have regretted doing so. Post Deletion Stress Disorder (PDSD) – which refers to consumers that delete content on impulse to make room for more pictures, videos and selfies – is only set to continue as consumer’s digital consumption habits start to exceed device storage capabilities. I often regret deleting it or regret not taking enough photos because of the lack of storage!
The research study, which was conducted with 1,000 UK consumers found that 7% are running out of storage on their mobile daily, 16% are reaching ‘full memory’ at least weekly and 1 in 3 (31%) run out of storage capacity at least monthly.
Photographs were found to take up the most storage capacity across a range of consumer devices, (29% within smartphones), while 44% admit they ‘don’t know’ what content is taking up storage capacity on their devices.
Over two fifths (44%) of those involved in the survey admitted to trying to manage on just 64GB of device storage. And despite 31% saying their device reaches full capacity at some point only a third (33%) of those with personal storage/back up technology, have invested in an external hard drive, connected via a cable. What’s more just 2% of those surveyed are using a paid cloud storage solution, and less than a fifth (16%) are taking advantage of a free cloud storage service.
This WD My Passport Ultra comes with a USB cable and instructions. It is really easy to connect up to your PC and can be password protected. I like that this hard drive is very small and portable. The WD will automatic backup when it connected to the device and now I can delete the photos on my mobile phone or PC to make space! Click here to find out more: WD My Passport Ultra
This 1 Terabyte WD My Passport Ultra is available online at the WD Store, selected retailers and Amazon. It is available – 750gb, 1, 2 and 3 Terabytes of storage, and it comes in 4 different colours: Red, Blue, Black and White. All have 256-bit hardware-based data encryption and a three-year limited warranty.
Now WD is giving this WD My Passport Ultra 1 TB to one of my followers! So good luck and enter through Gleam. Also, remember to check out the rest of my giveaways!
- This giveaway is open to all UK residents only.
- ONE winner will be chosen via Gleam and announced on this page.
- The winner will be contacted by e-mail within 3 days of competition ends. If they do not respond within 28 days another winner may be chosen.
- Your details will be passed to WD, but will not be passed onto any third parties by ET Speaks From Home.
- The prize will be sent directly to the winner from WD.
- Delivery is not in the hands of ET Speaks From Home’s Blog and may take some time to arrive.
- Any damage to the prize is not ET Speaks From Home’s responsibility.
- The company reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of a similar type/value if the prize above is not available.
- Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
- Competition starts on 29/02/2016 12 am – 29/03/2016 11.59pm.
Disclosure: We received the sample for the purposes of writing this review however all thoughts and opinions remain our own. Contains Amazon affiliate link.