In time to celebrate the World Book Day on 3rd March 2016, Egmont is challenging us to create a Star Wars themed costume and also sent us this range of Star Wars books for review.
As some of you might know, we are big fans of Star Wars. We have watched all the seven episodes and can’t wait for the next! After a good think, we decided to make a BB8 costume. I had a quick rummage around our recycle bin and dug out a big brown box.
To make this BB8 costume, you will need:
- For the mask: white paper plate, orange paper, silver paper, black marker pen, hole puncher and elastic band string.
- For the body: cardboard box, white DuckTape, orange paper, silver paper and double-sided tape
- Hot gun glue
- Pen knife
To make the mask, cut off one end of the paper plate then draw a circle using the compass. Use a pen knife to cut the circle out. Then use the black marker to draw and colour a circle with a ring outside the circle. Stick the silver and orange paper as shown. Punch two holes on the side of the paper plate and thread in the elastic band strings around it.
To make the body, cut out a big circle from the cardboard box and cover it with DuckTape. Use the compass to draw a few circles on the orange papers. Cut out the print you made on the orange paper and use double-sided tape to stick it onto the body. Cut a few designs out from the silver paper and stick it inside the orange ring. Next use DuckTape to make a strap so you can hang it around the body.
This costume took three of us around 2 hours to make! It is simple and yet fun! Hope you like our design! Why not tomorrow pop by to Boo Roo and Tigger Too’s blog to check out what she is making?
We have received these five books for review and they are:
- Adventures in Wild Space – The Nest
- Adventures in Wild Space – The Snare
- Adventures in Wild Space – The Escape
- Rebellion Tin
- The Force Awakens: Colouring Book
The Adventures in Wild Space books are suitable for key stage two as it contains more words and with lot of cliff hangers and suspense-ended chapters. Mr K enjoys reading them but had to break them up in a few days to read all of them. There is a lot of action and excitement.
The collectible tin comes with an activity book, a doodle book, a New Hope story book and a press out model kit for the Millennium Falcon which measures 120 mm tall.
The colouring book includes new characters and ships. This is suitable for all ages.
Now Egmont is giving these three Star Wars: Adventures in Wild Space books to one of my followers! So good luck and enter through Gleam! Also, remember to check out the rest of my giveaways!
- This giveaway is open to all UK residents only.
- ONE winner will be chosen via Gleam and announced on this page.
- The winner will be contacted by e-mail within 3 days of competition ends. If they do not respond within 28 days another winner may be chosen.
- Your details will be passed to Egmont, but will not be passed onto any third parties by ET Speaks From Home.
- The prize will be sent directly to the winner from Egmont.
- Delivery is not in the hands of ET Speaks From Home’s Blog and may take some time to arrive.
- Any damage to the prize is not ET Speaks From Home’s responsibility.
- The company reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of a similar type/value if the prize above is not available.
- Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
- Competition starts on 26/02/2016 12 am – 14/03/2016 11.59pm.
Disclosure: We received the samples for the purposes of writing this review however all thoughts and opinions remain our own. This is a commission post. Contains Amazon affiliate links.