Are you heading out to China for work or holiday? Would you like to learn more about Chinese customs in China? If so, Chinese Customs is a great book to start with. China is a vast country and a huge number of customs have become established over the centuries through the generations’ observance. Today these customs have become permanent traditions, ingrained in society as an integral part of Chinese culture.
This book was written by Xiang Wei, and published by Tuttle Publishing in October 2010. It is available to buy on Amazon. The book covers the background history and popular myths surrounding all the well-known festivals, including the Chinese New Year, the Lantern Festival and the Mid-Autumn Festival, are explored and detailed in each colourful chapter.
As for a Chinese born Singaporean, I do find it interesting to read about some of the customs that are not popular or celebrate in Singapore like the Double Ninth Festival.
Tuttle Publishing have sent me an extra copy to give it to one of my followers! So good luck and enter through Gleam! Also, remember to check out the rest of my giveaways!
- This giveaway is open to all UK residents only.
- ONE winner will be chosen via Gleam and announced on this page.
- The winner will be contacted by e-mail within 3 days of competition ends. If they do not respond within 28 days another winner may be chosen.
- Your details will not be passed onto any third parties by ET Speaks From Home.
- The prize will be sent directly to the winner from ET Speaks From Home.
- Delivery is not in the hands of ET Speaks From Home’s Blog and may take some time to arrive.
- Any damage to the prize is not ET Speaks From Home’s responsibility.
- Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
- Competition starts on 17/01/2016 12 am – 17/02/2016 11.59pm.
Disclosure: We received the sample for the purposes of writing this review however all thoughts and opinions remain our own. Contains Amazon affiliate link.