Would you like to give your gift a personal touch or perhaps you would like to show off your paper craft skills to impress your family and friends? Then Perfect Gift Wrapping Ideas book is the perfect book for you. This practical book demonstrates 101 ways to personalise your gift using simple, everyday materials to make your gift look unique and extra special.
I am a big fan of origami and love the endless creations you can make by just using paper. This book is written by Hiroe Miyaoka and published by Tuttle Publishing. This is an easy-to-follow Japanese gift wrapping paper-crafting book. From purpose-made paper to wax paper, and from ribbon to a newspaper corsage, you will be amazed at the array of materials that are already at your fingertips, ready for you to cut, fold, twist, shape and decorate.
It comes with colour illustrative photos and easy step-by-step instructions. Besides wrapping gifts, it also teaches you how to make containers such as bags, boxes, unique envelopes, and even a pencil case. Also try adding a little romance with sealing wax, washi tape, custom-made tags and more. I am totally engrossed with the book. I have spent hours poring through all the lovely items she wrapped.
I was also sent two books of gift wrapping papers: Japanese Kimono and Chinese Silk. Both books contains 12 sheets of high quality wrapping papers measuring 45 cm by 61 cm. It was enough to wrap up at least 12 rectangular shaped presents. Each book comes with twelve individual patterns and unique prints that are suitable for any occasion, and offer a wide variety of colour schemes and patterns to choose from. Each paper is easy to tear out from the book.
Looking through the Perfect Gift Wrapping Ideas book, I fell in love with this Bow Tied on a V. It is quite a simple touch and yet so impressive and chic. This bow tie is great for rectangular-shaped gifts. I used the Japanese Kimono wrapping paper on this gift.
You can get them directly from the publisher’s website or on Amazon. Here are the links from Amazon:
Tuttle Publishing has kindly sent me an extra copy of Perfect Gift Wrapping Ideas Book to give to one of my followers! So good luck and enter through Gleam! Also, remember to check out the rest of my giveaways!
- This giveaway is open to all UK residents only.
- ONE winner will be chosen via Gleam and announced on this page.
- The winner will be contacted by e-mail within 3 days of competition ends, if they do not respond within 28 days another winner may be chosen.
- The prize will be sent directly to the winner from ET Speaks From Home.
- Delivery is in the hands of ET Speaks From Home’s Blog and may take some time to arrive.
- Any damage to the prize is not ET Speaks From Home’s responsibility.
- Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
- Competition starts on 9/12/2015 12 am – 11/01/2015 11.59pm.
Disclosure: I received these books from the publisher for free. However, they have not paid me for this review, and they do not exercise any editorial control over my review or anything else on this site. Contains Amazon affiliate links.