Want to jet to your own island and build your own hotels? Hotel Tycoon has everything you need – just be the last one left in the game! Hotel Tycoon, first published as Hotels in the 1970s, has now been refreshed so you can re-live the classic 3 dimensional board game. This is suitable for age 8 onwards and for 2 to 4 players. This game would take at least 40 minutes or more to play.
This is a fun game that we all enjoyed. It is easy to learn and provides just the right balance between strategy and luck. This is a short video clip made by Asmodee which will explain how to play this game. Note, you will still need to refer to the instructions as it doesn’t cover all of the rules.
The game comes with:
- Game board
- 28 hotel buildings
- 8 recreational facilities
- 8 title deeds
- Control tower
- 30 hotel entrances
- Bank notes
- 4 airplanes
- 2 dice
- Set up sheet
When you first play the game, you are required to assemble all the 28 buildings and control tower. It took me over 20 minutes alone to set it up so make sure you allow for that. Once built, they look awesome. You don’t have to disassemble to buildings afterwards; you are given a picture of how to place the buildings neatly back into the box. All the buildings are made from thin cupboard and plastic inserts. Annoyingly, sometimes some parts of the buildings do come off but they can be repaired quite easily.
Both my children love the miniature airplanes and love flying them around. We have played a couple of times and we didn’t fully understand all the rules until our second round. We love the game and would recommend it. It is a lot of fun and a great way to spend some quality family time.
Now Esdevium Games Ltd is giving this Hotel Tycoon worth £24.99 to one of my followers! So good luck and enter through Gleam! Also, remember to check out the rest of my giveaways!
- This giveaway is open to all UK residents only.
- ONE winner will be chosen via Gleam and announced on this page.
- The winner will be contacted by e-mail within 3 days of competition ends, if they do not respond within 28 days another winner may be chosen.
- Your details will be passed to Esdevium Games Ltd, but will not be passed onto any third parties by ET Speaks From Home.
- The prize will be sent directly to the winner from Esdevium Games Ltd.
- Delivery is not in the hands of ET Speaks From Home’s Blog and may take some time to arrive.
- Any damage to the prize is not ET Speaks From Home’s responsibility.
- The company reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of a similar type/value if the prize above is not available.
- Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
- Competition starts on 01/10/2015 12 am – 02/11/2015 11.59pm.
Disclosure: We received the sample for the purposes of writing this review however all thoughts and opinions remain our own. Contains Amazon affiliate link. Image used with permission.