If you want to have fun with real toys in a virtual world, you can’t miss this Pebli Town! This is a new pre-school toy from ToysAlive and comes with characters and four exciting interactive game modes to interact with a device. Even though Mr K and Ms C are seven and six respectively, they both had fun playing with it especially the Story Creator mode! This is a great way to get children to engage physically and virtually!
Before you buy this game, it is best to check if you have a compatible device. It is compatible with iPad 3, iPad Mini 3 with Retina Display, iPad 4, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro, Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (Model No. SMT530), Samsung Galaxy Tab S, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Google Nexus 7 (Model No. K008 & K009), Sony Xperia Tablet Z2, Tesco Hudl 2 and Lenovo Yoga 2.
You will need to download the free Pebli Town app. During the first time, it will take at least 5 minutes to install all the requirements information. While waiting for the app to upload to your device, you can set up the console.
- Tablet stand
- 4 Pebli Town character figures (Chef Charlie, Doctor Daisy, Fireman Freddy & Painter Poppy)
- 4 place pieces
- Fold out play mat
This is very easy to assemble. It does require 2x AA batteries for the console which are not included. The console uses hot spot technology, which means that any actions on the board are translated to the tablet.
To start playing this game, my advice is to always turn on your Bluetooth before you turn on the app. It will then detect and connect with it without needing to press the big blue button. Our tablet connected each time very quickly and it will start the introduction which you could skip it by pressing the X button.
There are four different modes:
- Story Teller – This has educational stories that allow children to discover new and exciting adventures by choosing the path the characters take. There are 4 interactive stories with 22 alternative endings.
- Game Player – There are four different games with 25 levels each. The games challenge children’s problem solving and comprehension skills.
- Story Creator – Children can choose their favourite characters, record their own voice, add special effects and direct stories. Then watch their creations back in the Pebli cinema with unlimited opportunity to create stories.
- Video Room – This is where your children can access 200 pre-approved child friendly educational and entertaining videos, each relating to a Pebli Town character.
Both my children enjoyed it especially the story creator. They both went on and on to create their story for at least an hour. Then they will watch it back and start laughing at it! This is a fun and innovative product that allows children to physically move the characters around. This can be played by up to four players which adds a social interaction element to the usual apps.
Now ToysAlive is giving this Pebli Town starter pack worth £59.99 to one of my followers! So good luck and enter through Gleam! Also, remember to check out the rest of my giveaways!
- This giveaway is open to all UK residents only.
- ONE winner will be chosen via Gleam and announced on this page.
- The winner will be contacted by e-mail within 3 days of competition ends, if they do not respond within 28 days another winner may be chosen.
- Your details will be passed to ToysAlive, but will not be passed onto any third parties by ET Speaks From Home.
- The prize will be sent directly to the winner from ToysAlive.
- Delivery is not in the hands of ET Speaks From Home’s Blog and may take some time to arrive.
- Any damage to the prize is not ET Speaks From Home’s responsibility.
- The company reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of a similar type/value if the prize above is not available.
- Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
- Competition starts on 23/08/2015 12 am – 24/09/2015 11.59pm.
Disclosure: We received the sample for the purposes of writing this review however all thoughts and opinions remain our own. Contains Amazon affiliate link.