Wishing everyone a Happy Mid-Autumn festival!
I had made this colourful snow skin mooncake from the leftover ingredients from the Swiss Roll Snow Skin Mooncake.
- 250 gram of Snow skin mix
- 50 gram Shortening
- A teaspoon of flavour eg pandan, durian, lychee
- A few drops of food colouring eg red, blue, green
- Lotus paste – roll into small balls
- Rub the shortening into the snow skin mix.
- Divide the flour into four different bowls.
- Then add different coloured water and flavour into the bowls and mix it well.
- Cover the bowls with cling film and leave it out for 1 – 4 hours.
- Cover the table/chopping board with cling film and add the dough side by side. Cover it with cling film and roll it with pin. Fold the dough and roll it flat again a couple of times until it mixes evenly and to about 2 mm thick.
- Wrap the lotus paste with the dough.
- Place it into the mould and press firmly. Knock it out from the mould.
Hope you like this colourful snow skin (bing pi / bing pei) mooncake!